torstai 25. marraskuuta 2010

My second home

Just because my second home is Canada, I will write this blog entry in English.

I just got off the Skype-phone with one of my truly closest friends in Canada, Emily.
It's been such a long time since we've talked, about 2 years now I guess, and it was so nice to hear her voice again.
A sign of true frienship is that no matter what the distance is in time or space, you can always pick up from where you left off last time, and it feels like yesterday.
Emily and my friendship is of that kind.

I first met my crazy green-loving friend on my 4-months long exchange adventure at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
We lived in the same house on campus and instantly became friends after having connected on a Carleton Campus for Christ meeting.
After that we were inseparable!


We were on many adventures together with her Tammy Taurus and she taught me many valuable lessons for life.
One of them is to keep it simple, and use your imagination.

Emily is a friend who always cares for other people, unselfish and loving.
She helped me out with lots of things, and today she called me one of her closest friends too, which feels so awesome!



I don't know why Canada has left such a huge footprint in my life, but I can honestly say that it was God who led me all the way, and it was his plan for my life.

I often get nostalgic about Canada, it's like an aching in my heart when I think of the friends I've made there and the country itself is wonderful with its lovely, charitable people.
I love the Canadian accent, the weather, the nature, church life and the atmosphere.
I can totally understand why so many people have migrated to Canada!

I really had the time of my life in Canada, and God willing I will go there again!

Thank you Emily for being my friend!
Love you*

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti